Published on CNN on 28th February 2014:
Your phone’s confiscated.
Your fingerprints are taken.
You’re going to prison.
But don’t worry, it’s just for lunch.
The Clink Charity opened its third restaurant this week inside Brixton Prison in south London.
The meals are cooked and served by actual prisoners at restaurants located inside prison walls as part of a training and qualification program to help them prepare for life on the outside.
Read more at CNN
Published on CNN on 15th April 2013:
Also published on CNN Espanol on 24th April 2013
When the first toilet-themed restaurant, Modern Toilet, opened in Taipei in 2004, public reaction was mixed.
Was it weird, funny or just plain unsavory?
Whatever the answer, the concept’s popularity quickly became obvious — the chain now has successful franchises across Asia.
London, however, has put a new spin on the business.
Read more at CNN
Published on Life in Luxury on 10th February 2013:
- Bo London is the first restaurant outside of Hong Kong for Alvin Leung, the chef/patron of the two Michelin starred Bo Innovation.
- The Mill Street site, based in the heart of Mayfair, reportedly costed Leung £1m to lease and fit.
- Wood reclaimed from renovations of the Bo London site has been fitted to one of the two semi-private dining rooms. The wood is protected behind glass made to the same shade as Leung’s glasses.
- Instead of an image of Alvin Leung, like outside Bo Innovation, Bo London has one of Leung’s hand holding his custom made knife.
- There are two kitchens. A classic Western-style one, including a pastry section, and a Chinese one with woks and steamers.
- There are two views into the kitchens – from the pass upstairs or the viewing window at the pastry section downstairs.
- For lunch, there is a selection of dim sums as well as the newly introduced ten course “Chefs” tasting menu. For dinner, there is only the 12-course “Ode to Great Britain” (comprised mostly of reinterpretations of British food) or the 14-course “Chefs” tasting menu (includes select dishes from Bo Innovation).
- The most famous dish on/off the menu is “sex on the beach”, Leung’s creation to raise money for AIDS charities.
- Abby’s sauce is made according to a recipe created by Leung’s wife.
- Those interested in trying the Chinese spirit baijiu will find a premium selection of three at the bar. As well as of course in the dessert by the same name.